Exceptional: Perfect for special occasions
- Liberty Tavern (3195 Wilson Blvd Arlington, VA). Blow-your-socks off all-you-can-eat $25 brunch of incredible quality. The deserts alone are worth it.
- Beacon Bar and Grille (615 Rhode Island Ave NW Washington, DC). Rightfully voted One of the Top 50 Best Brunches in the U.S. $35 for all you can eat and drink from dozens of food stations. Tons of vegetarian options. I would eat here every day if I could.
- Metro 29 Diner (4711 Lee Hwy Arlington, VA). Featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, the menu is vast and food is served in blinding speed and always correct. Only problem - no reservations and a 20+ minute wait.
- Silver Diner (3200 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA). Featured on Man vs. Food. Delicious, excellent service, creative menu.
- Front Page (1333 New Hampshire Ave NW Washington, DC. A disaster. Tasted like Howard Johnson's fare. Clueless or aloof waitstaff, dirty glasses, sub-par food. Small selection, with an omelet bar hidden at the other end of the restaurant. Certainly not worth $21 a person.
- Farmers Fishers Bakers (3000 K St NW Washington, DC). Not a huge failure, but not worth the $29.99 per person. Food is so-so, no vegetarian options.