Sunday, June 26, 2011

When strikes backfire


Normally, a strike can be a pretty profound way of telling someone to fuck off.
But it doesn't always work that way.
Take Canada's recent postal strike. It completely froze ALL Canadian mail (including a present I was expecting from a friend, damnit) for weeks. And while it's expected to start again tomorrow, it revealed an unexpected truth - society went on without mail. People were able to, for the most part, go to work, send their kids to school, buy things and even pay bills without the post at ALL. So some people seemed to think that they could live perfectly well without a post office at all.

Oops.

3 comments:

Pharaohmagnetic said...

The postal strike has affected me in three ways.

1) I sent my landscape guy a check in the mail. D'oh!
2) My fresh magazine supply has dwindled and I've been reduced to reading the back of shampoo bottles while on the can
3) The inevitably awesome blog post about the gift I sent you is unnecessarily delayed.

Canada Post should be back to work today. Thank the lord.

shesthesheriff said...

They Tuk our JOBS!

shesthesheriff said...

Reading shampoo cans on the bottle