Monday, April 4, 2011

Nothing attracts a line.... like a line


I don't have the fucking patience to wait in line for Black Friday shopping deals. I didn't buy a lottery ticket when I was feeling lucky because the woman in front of me was buying tickets for every Japanese person affected by the tsunami (or something).

Yet I found myself waiting 1.5 hours for a cupcake last weekend because, basically, there was a long line.
Ya'see, a long line means that there must be SOMETHING good at the end of it.

And there was something good - cupcakes from the suddenly famous Georgetown Cupcake (known on TLC as DC Cupcake). There was another upscale place called Crumbs about 3 blocks away with no waiting. But Georgetown Cupcake had a 1.5 hour line, and we chose THAT one. They were good, very good, but 1.5 hour good? Is any cupcake worth a 1.5 hour wait? Apparently I haven't found one that is.

What's the longest you've ever waited in line for something?

2 comments:

shesthesheriff said...

This spot was a playground
This------Flat land used to,
BE A TOWN!!!!

Sincerely,
The only person lame enough to get your reference.

Dianna said...

But man, those cupcakes were good.