Thursday, April 14, 2011

Copyright infringement Friday!!


I had dinner with a friend last night who works in the patent office. I told him I didn't think much of intellectual property, although he's fine by me.

However, this seems like a pretty glaring case of what the ancient Greeks called "logos copycattus."

When I saw the logo for Ragan.com, I knew I had seen it somewhere before. After some sleuthing, I found it bared an incredible similarity to Reason Magazine's logo. Both have an "r" in reverse text in the bottom-right part of a colored box. Both are in Helvetica, and have the ".com" in lighter text than the name.

If there are any budding lawyers out there, go git 'em!

7 comments:

shesthesheriff said...

Yeah, if there are any lawyers smoking pot please respond to this.

water your crops bitches!!!

shesthesheriff said...

BTW water your crops is my new phrase which I will say at all times.

Yea. For it has been noted. Now and forever.

shesthesheriff said...

Oh and the other thing I say after water your crops---is that traveling through hyperspace MOST DEFINITELY ain't like dustin crops.

shesthesheriff said...

Hey those logos are kind of similar.....

shesthesheriff said...

Holy shit is it copyright infringement friday AGAIN!!!!!


ITs Friday, friday, gotta get down on.......

ehhhhhhhhhh

shesthesheriff said...

Dude tomorrow is the two week anniversary of copyright infringement friday!!! I'm gonna get WASTED

Dianna said...

Happy two weeks, Copyright Infringement Friday!