Saturday, January 29, 2011

Fuck you, New York Times paywall / log in


Let me tell you what hell is. Hell is when you are casually surfing the news in your PJs, and click on a link and

BANG

you get hit with that smiling, smarmy hat bastard on the right telling you to log in / give them money.

Hey New York Times, I know you are in hard financial times but why throw good money after bad? Barriers to entry / paywalls will NEVER work. Ever. They just piss your readers off (whew... I almost wrote "customers" there instead of readers. I-rony!)

So get that fedora-waving moron out of my browser and either gimme the content, or keep the whole thing on a non-public server. I dunno what the solution is, but that smiling guy really ticks me off at 10:55 in the morning.

2 comments:

shesthesheriff said...

I put my paywall up ironically

Pam said...

Lol!!! Dan says go to bugmenot.com