Sunday, September 19, 2010

Tricked into wearing pantyhose

I went shoe shopping with Dianna and my friend Debbie yesterday. I wasn't wearing socks, so I asked for some trial socks. The nice saleslady handed me a pair of "booties" called "peds," which looked exactly like pantyhose for your feet.

"Ok," I said. "I'll try it, but you can't laugh at me for wearing pantyhose."

Laughter. "Those aren't pantyhose," she replied. "This is the 21st century. These are unisex."

Relieved, I then spent 30 minutes trying on various shoes with my strange nylon booties.

Enter Dianna an Debbie, who asked what the hell happened to my sexuality and why the hell was I wearing pantyhose.

Tricked! Damn you, DSW shoe outlet!

5 comments:

Dianna said...

Two clues that they were not unisex: She had to go to the women's department to get them. And your feet were about four sizes too big for them. Oy.

Zeyev said...

Was this Jon as a youngster? Does the saga continue?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/artsandliving/comics/king_baby_blues.html?name=Baby_Blues

Anonymous said...

I wish girls would start wearing pantyhose again. Bare legs are so raw looking all thew time.

Melissa. said...

Prince Poppycock would be so proud!

shesthesheriff said...

ha someone found your blog searching for pantyhose.