Saturday, August 14, 2010

Dualism

It's truly amazing to me how two people can look at the same thing and see it entirely differently. For instance, take the movie Delicatessen, which I just finished watching with Dianna.





I saw this as a black comedy, sweet and funny and clever, and a bit scary at times (hence the black part). When the movie ended, I was happy and smiley that everything worked out.
Dianna, on the other hand, was traumatized. To her, it wasn't an art flick, or a black comedy, or a comedy at all, but a horror movie.
"I'd never want to get to that deli," she said, quite upset.
Sorry, D - my bad.

4 comments:

Dianna said...

I'm 90 percent sure that I'm going to have nightmares from this. And I may become a vegetarian. I'm picking the next movie.

shesthesheriff said...

I think you just need to keep chipping away at those delicate Midwestern sensibilities, possibly in the form of a 'meet the feebles' night?

Jonathan Rubin said...

I'll stick with Avenue Q for my adult muppet fix for now.....

Ilan Goodman said...

Best. Movie. Ever.