Thursday, March 11, 2010

This is fucking fascinating

It just is: Chart of the geographic church denominations of the U.S. (double click to see it better).
You got your Baptists in Red, Mormons out west in Beige (Sand?), Lutherans up north in Orange (can someone please explain to me what a Lutheran is?) and most of the rest of the country is doing the Catholic boogie (in blue).
I always knew that the Mormons were in Utah (and Big Love is the bomb for teaching at least something about Mormonism( but maybe I'm just a visual person, because seeing it this way really helps me understand it better. I reckon if you were homeless in Utah they'd find you a place to sleep if you believed in the Book of Mormon, because they're nice guys and all.

1 comment:

Jess said...

This chart is fascinating.

Also here's the Wikipedia entry on Lutheranism: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutheranism