Sunday, January 17, 2010

My life philosophy is complete

I have much respect for people with focused or dedicated lives, who have a mission and put all their energy and time into it. I am not one of these people. I get distracted by shiny objects, fleeting impulses and I get easily bored with even the most inspiring situations.
However, I've come up with something recently that pleases me immensly - I have, at 31 years old, my life's philosophy distilled from all my experiences. All my experiments with ethics and religious teachings - both in Judaism and in other religions I respect such as Christianity, Taoism, Buddhism, etc. - are here in this one line. I am immensly proud of it. It is:

"What goes around comes around. But sometimes, shit happens."

3 comments:

Melissa. said...

AND WHEN SHIT HITS THE FAN, IT REALLY GOES AROUND...

Jonathan Rubin said...

Nice, mel :)

shesthesheriff said...

Woo hoo, over here, glittering shiny objects, yoo hoo.

BAM! You have been decapitated by a guillotine trap, your life lies in ruins but you will feed many vultures and nurture the soil.