Monday, November 2, 2009

Review: A free GI JOE mug from 7-11


There is nothing more valued and cherished than free bullshit / merch.
So when I received my free GI JOE: RISE OF COBRA official commemorative slurpee cup from 7-11, my heart surely did thumpeth in my chest.
I enjoyed the orange molding. It felt right in my hand, like I imagine a katana would. One demerit that was quickly noticeable: the size what something less to be desired for regular office drinkitude.
It served me well for months as the movie hype came and went. Never did I see the movie, but I saw the cup daily, and gladly.
Until today. I noticed a strange taste in my cup. I knew it couldn't come from the water, since I shell out a few bucks a month for unlimited Poland Springs at work. I looked into the bottom of the cup and noticed a discoloration; the orange at the bottom of the cup had turned white. And there was a bitter, plasticky taste that could not be ignored.
I gave my cup a 12-gun salute (in my head) and chucked it in the garbage near the coffee filters.

1 comment:

shesthesheriff said...

You did what?! That dioxin filled cup was your meal ticket man--you could have been 7 11's version of the hot coffee lady.

I'm pleased that you are still drinking slurpees though, and this was a fantastic review that made me yearn for my own katana handled beverage.