Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Products that don't work


If you have a problem in the U.S., you better bet your ass there's a product that touts to fix that problem.
But how can you find out if it really works?
Well, you could visit Consumer Reports, or sign up for Recall information from us good folks at the Federal Citizen Information Center... but there's a better way.
Why, simply trust the good folk(s) at Rubin on Wry, of course!
For example:

1. If you have mice.... DON'T buy anything from Tomcat. Nothing I've bought from them has ever worked. They sell these at the supermarket.

2. If you have ants... DON'T buy Raid Ant Bait. I saw ants walk up to it, sniff it and walk away. All day. Worthless. Also sold at supermarkets where suckers (like me) buy them.

3. If you have shower scum... DON'T buy the Scrubbing Bubbles Shower Foamer. Dianna used it and it said it basically did nothing. Here are some quality shower-cleaning tips from a trustworthy source.

3 comments:

Dianna said...

I would just like to point out that while we did have soap scum and ants in our apartment, at no time did we ever have rats. Just to clarify -- we're not filthy people. haha

Jonathan Rubin said...

Good point, D - we have no rodents. I used the mouse traps (no rats) at my old apartment in DC where I had two roommates. Those mice kept eating my Wheatables!!!

shesthesheriff said...

I'd also advise against that robotic mouse with the cheese remote control that cats are supposed to like. Completely ineffective and it scares the bejesus out of your cat.