Thursday, September 17, 2009

Who are these "special interest groups," anyway?


When I think of the dreaded "special interest groups" that are railed against by every politician ever, I usually think of traditionally conservative groups - business interests, corporate lobbying, military-industrial and prison-industrial complex stuff.
So I admit I was shocked when I saw this, a chart by the good folks at OpenSecrets showing that 8 out of 10 of the biggest special interest groups are heavily DEMOCRATIC!
Maybe I've been drinking the Kool Aid?

1 comment:

shesthesheriff said...

Its a surprise to you that Barrack and friends are beholden to just as many interest groups as the GOP?

Rubin you need to come join me in the dark and lonely 'both parties suck unwashed ass' corner of the American politics scene. Its actually as liberating as it is unproductive, mainly because you don't set yourself up to be exasperated by lame, empty promises of health care reform and the like.

one-of-us! one-of-us!