Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Sadly, I'm too old for this shit...


1. Spongebob
Even six months ago, I loved Spongebob. I have a special place in my heart for good-natured, fun-loving idiots. But my inner idiot seems to have taken a holiday....

2. Most daytime kids programming
In high school, it was Batman: The Animated Series (with it's chillingly awesome noirish opening) and even a little bit of Pokeman. Power Rangers was cool if goofy. Now, the stuff looks contrived, like a copy of a copy of something that's genuinely cool. It's corporate cool. I did get a few miles from the Naked Mole Rat, for some reason.

3. Sugar rushes (except gummi bears)

4. Staying up past midnight on a work night (unless I'm hungry)

5. Short-sleeve button down shirts (although they seem to be popular when you turn 60)

7 comments:

Zeyev said...

Perhaps, just perhaps, you wanted to mention the Naked MOLE Rat.

Is there something you and Dr Freud would like to share with us about your desire to be undressed?

Jonathan Rubin said...

Thank you, mein copy editor :)

Zeyev said...

Bitte schön.

Ira said...

I knew a guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy's cousin...

Jess said...

Right with you being up past midnight on a school, I mean work night lol. I'm lucky if I make it past 11 these days

George said...

You dare to speak against the Power Rangers?

Zeyev said...

Jon: You didn't tell me you knew the Gershwin brothers. :-)

[Just testing you on one other part of Americana.]