Friday, January 30, 2009

Scum and villany

Dianna often has her pulse on things that I would never believe were true. In this case, it's the escapades of goldigging banker's mistresses in NYC. The blog is called Dating a Banker Anonymous and was profiled in the NY Times. This entry below by a 24 year old adultress blows me away. It's from her to her economically embattled (and married) man. The bolding is mine:

Me *pouting*: You haven’t taken me on a trip since we went to Bermuda in September. What’s going on?
Charles: Honey, finances are tight right now so my wife has taken it upon herself to check up on all of our accounts. She will notice any big expenditures.
Me *cute voice*: Wellllllllllllll, what are you going to do to make it up to me?
Charles: Can we talk later sweetheart? I’m really busy right now.
Me: No. Give me an answer NOW. Don’t you realize what you have? I’m way too hot to be treated like this. (Disclaimer: Yes, I come across as bratty here, but it typically works when trying to get something out of him)
Charles *yelling for the first time in our almost two-year relationship*: I’VE GOT TO FIRE TWENTY PEOPLE BY THE END OF THE WEEK. Z has four kids, X just had a baby girl, Y just sent his son to college and I’ve got to get rid of two of those guys… and you’re complaining about vacations and dinner? God, you are so 24! GROW UP!
Me *stunned*: Okie dokie, let’s talk later lover.

He apologized a few hours later. He promised my age was one of the things that endears me to him the most, but that I just don’t understand the tremendous amounts of pressure he is under right now. Fair enough. But damn, it’s tough to date a banker, even for the girl on the side.


But wait - there's more. There are comments SALUTING HER!!! She makes me seriously, vicerally ill. If this is what some of the "hot" girls I have met over the years think, I am very happy they left me to pair off with richer men.

No comments: