Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Guitar Zero


I like the Mel Bay Guitar Method. I respect the Mel Bay Guitar Method. But a minor flaw with their design had me learning / playing my strings in the opposite order, creating awful sounding "songs" that made me think I was tone deaf / riddled with Alheizmers for not recognizing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star... Truth is 90% of the notes were wrong. Fortunately, even when you learn strings "upside down" you are still learning, and with one evening's practice I got back to the "A" string.

3 comments:

George said...

Its not a design flaw--The sixth string and fifth string notes are 1 2 and 3 ledger lines below the staff which makes for awkward reading. Plus most little kids fingers can't reach up that high so they have to build up from the bottom. Think twice befo dis respecting the Bay! FoO!

-The Merry Men

Jonathan Rubin said...

I am dying with laughter here..... :)

Jacob said...

Yep, I'm going to have to give you guitar lessons.